Saturday, January 31, 2015

Book Club: Matilda

If you guys didn't get a chance to finish Matilda yet, you should! Because I don't want to ruin anything for you, I am going to limit the spoilers as much as I can.
I loved this book! Matilda is clever, talented and kind, like so many girls I know. Matilda is special. She loves books. She read all the books in a library in one month. (I'm jealous of that). Matilda is also magical. I'm not talking Hogwarts magic, but she's still pretty cool.

I liked Miss Honey the most. She was nice, and she saw how smart Matilda really was. I think my teacher is a lot like Miss Honey. I am sooooooooo happy that my teacher isn't a Trunchbull. She's the nastiest. She's so mean, that when my little cousin talks about her, she just growls. It sounds like this, "Truummmbow!" It's amazing.

I think everyone my age should read this story, because it teaches you that books are better than TV, that it's best to be kind to everyone, and that you can wind back a car's mileage using a screwdriver. And don't forget the sawdust in the engine!

I can't wait to see how everyone felt about Matilda. Please comment here or on Facebook, and let me know what you thought.

Our next book club selection, if you haven't already figured it out from my fantabulicious clue, is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone!
I've read this book a few times, and can't wait to read it again. If you haven't read it yet, I am so excited for you. It's like entering a whole new world! And, I have one copy waiting for you right now in my library!

One more thing: Start working on your book reviews to enter to win a gift card to Barnes and Noble. Email them to ellaslittlelibrary@gmail.com. You have until February 15!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Matilda, both the girl as a character and the book as a whole.

    I really like that Matilda is so kind and smart despite her parents, who are the exact opposite. I can't imagine being as independent as she is at five-years-old! It's such a relief when Miss Honey takes a liking to her.

    Something I love about this book (and all Roald Dahl books, he's my favorite!), is how whimsical, dark, and sweet it is. That's a lot to pack in!

    I give Matilda an A+, which is something I'm sure she's quite used to.

    -Julie

    p.s. I'm so so happy you have a Miss Honey teacher and not a Miss Trunchbull!! Keep up the great work, Ella! Can't wait for HP!

    ReplyDelete