Monday, January 19, 2015

National Readathon Day at Ella's Little Library

Saturday, January 24 is National Readathon Day!

The National Readathon is doing the same thing that I'm trying to do with Ella's Little Library. They want kids to love books just as much as I do! So, I am going to participate in the readathon this year. I would love it if you would read with me!

Between 12 and 4pm, I am hosting an open house at Ella's Little Library. Come by for snacks, pick out a book, and flop yourself down in a bean bag to read for a while!

The readathon is a fundraiser through FirstGiving and RandomHouse Books. All the donations will go to the National Book Foundation. They're they guys who give out the National Book Award, and they run the BookUp program. They help hundreds of kids become readers each year. That's fantastic, because nerds who are readers are amazing!

AMAZING! 

You don't have to fund-raise to read with me on Saturday, but you are welcome to donate through my page. You can find me here. My goal is to raise $100.00. I know it will be hard to do in just one week, but I'm going to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment