Sunday, February 15, 2015

Guest Review from Jill T.

Jill is awesome! Aside from being my aunt, she has taken care of lots of tiny people. It is really great to hear about a book that has helped her so much with her little ones. Thanks for the review, Chiabo! Good luck in the drawing!
IDO IN AUTISMLAND

For my book review, I chose a book of essays called Ido in Autismland. I usually like to read novels but I really loved this book.

It's written by a 13 year old boy who's nonverbal with autism. There is something so special about being able to read someone's words who otherwise wouldn't be able to voice them. It makes every word that much more precious.

I liked this book because it gave me insight into a world that I would otherwise know nothing about. I work with children who have a similar diagnosis. This book gave us hope and changed lots of things for us. I would recommend it to absolutely anyone. I loved it so much!

P.S. I feel like I should also mention how much I loved revisiting Matilda and her story. Miss Honey has always been such an inspiration to me. Her character showed me the type of caregiver I'd like to be. Thanks for suggesting it! I can't wait to revisit Hogwarts! I'm so very proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment